Learning directly from customers is a key principle of both the Agile and Lean movements. But learning from customers is easier said than done, because it often requires a major shift in an organization’s beliefs and practices. In this video, you'll learn to pick up the signs that say your organization is struggling with company-centric practices that limit your ability to deliver value to your customers. Then you'll explore the core values of Agile and Lean—and discover how they guide organizations toward becoming truly customer-centric.
- Learn how to build an organization where delivering customer value is everybody’s business
- See how customer-centric organizations embrace their customer's complexity and dimensionality
- Understand the difference between a data-driven organization and a customer-centric organization
- Discover tips and techniques for conducting first-party qualitative customer research
Matt Lemay is cofounder of Constellate Data, a business intelligence research, consulting, and training company based in NYC. In his work as a technology communicator, Matt has developed and led product management and data strategy workshops for companies like GE, American Express, Pfizer, McCann, and Johnson & Johnson. Previously, Matt worked as the Senior Product Manager for the music startup Songza (acquired by Google) and as the Head of Consumer Product at Bitly. He is the author of the O'Reilly title Product Management in Practice: A Real-World Guide to the Key Connective Role of the 21st Century.
Table of contents
- Introduction: What does Agile Have to Do with Customer Centricity?
- The Difference Between "Company-Centric" and "Customer-Centric"
- The One Big Shift for True Customer Centricity
- Case Study: Zappos
- Measuring Success in a Customer-Centric Organization
- Data-Driven Versus Customer-Centric: Avoiding the Trap of Customer Proxies
- Learning Exercise: Beyond Proxies
- Talking to Customers Directly
- Bringing Customer Stories to Life within Your Organization
- Conclusion: Software Is Eating the World, but Culture Eats Software for Breakfast
- Title: Agile for Everybody—Building a Customer-Centric Organization
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491989456
You might also like
Product Management Fundamentals
Positioned at the intersection of business, design, and technology, product management has emerged as one of …
Understanding the Basics of Agile
Agile has become a core part of the 21st Century business lexicon for startups and enterprises …
Agile For Everybody—Moving On from Legacy Thinking
Many organizations embark upon “Agile transformations” and other large-scale initiatives to implement Agile and Lean. Unfortunately, …
Leading SAFe Scaled Agile Framework 4.5 LiveLessons
9 Hours of Video Instruction provides an in-depth exploration of version 4.5 of the Scaled Agile …