Learning directly from customers is a key principle of both the Agile and Lean movements. But learning from customers is easier said than done, because it often requires a major shift in an organization’s beliefs and practices. In this video, you'll learn to pick up the signs that say your organization is struggling with company-centric practices that limit your ability to deliver value to your customers. Then you'll explore the core values of Agile and Lean—and discover how they guide organizations toward becoming truly customer-centric.
- Learn how to build an organization where delivering customer value is everybody’s business
- See how customer-centric organizations embrace their customer's complexity and dimensionality
- Understand the difference between a data-driven organization and a customer-centric organization
- Discover tips and techniques for conducting first-party qualitative customer research
Matt Lemay is cofounder of Constellate Data, a business intelligence research, consulting, and training company based in NYC. In his work as a technology communicator, Matt has developed and led product management and data strategy workshops for companies like GE, American Express, Pfizer, McCann, and Johnson & Johnson. Previously, Matt worked as the Senior Product Manager for the music startup Songza (acquired by Google) and as the Head of Consumer Product at Bitly. He is the author of the O'Reilly title Product Management in Practice: A Real-World Guide to the Key Connective Role of the 21st Century.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: What does Agile Have to Do with Customer Centricity? 00:02:57
- The Difference Between "Company-Centric" and "Customer-Centric" 00:04:34
- The One Big Shift for True Customer Centricity 00:04:15
- Case Study: Zappos 00:08:13
- Measuring Success in a Customer-Centric Organization 00:07:11
- Data-Driven Versus Customer-Centric: Avoiding the Trap of Customer Proxies 00:08:49
- Learning Exercise: Beyond Proxies 00:05:42
- Talking to Customers Directly 00:06:36
- Bringing Customer Stories to Life within Your Organization 00:06:22
- Conclusion: Software Is Eating the World, but Culture Eats Software for Breakfast 00:03:29
- Title: Agile for Everybody—Building a Customer-Centric Organization
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491989463