These days, every company wants to be Agile or do Agile. But what exactly does Agile mean? Where did it come from? And what is the difference between Agile and Lean? This video describes the core values, rhythms, and practices of Agile and Lean in accessible and jargon-free terms, and provides concrete and actionable strategies for bringing the best of Agile and Lean to your organization.
- Master the distinctions between the Agile, Lean, and waterfall ways of working
- Explore how Agile and Lean's iterative process fundamentally challenges waterfall thinking
- Gain a solid understanding of the core values and principles of the Agile and Lean movements
- Discover how Agile and Lean practices solve organizational challenges
- Learn to initiate an inviting, jargon-free conversation about Agile and Lean for your organization
Matt Lemay is cofounder of Constellate Data, a business intelligence research, consulting, and training company based in NYC. In his work as a technology communicator, Matt has developed and led product management and data strategy workshops for companies like GE, American Express, Pfizer, McCann, and Johnson & Johnson. Previously, Matt worked as the Senior Product Manager for the music startup Songza (acquired by Google) and as the Head of Consumer Product at Bitly. He is the author of the O'Reilly title Product Management in Practice: A Real-World Guide to the Key Connective Role of the 21st Century.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: Debunking Three Common Myths About Agile and Lean 00:03:46
- Understanding the Basics of Agile 00:05:16
- Understanding the Basics of Lean 00:05:35
- Agile and Lean in the Organization 00:07:40
- Agile and Lean Practices: Stand-Ups, User Stories, and Retrospectives 00:07:48
- The Agile Frameworks Trap: When Practices Don't Align with Values 00:06:51
- Learning Exercise: Solving Organizational Challenges with Agile Practices 00:06:10
- Conclusion: Starting a Conversation About Agile for Everybody 00:05:18
- Title: Agile for Everybody—The Essentials of Agile and Lean
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491989401