Clearly the marketing methods of old will not fulfill all the needs of today's organization. Today, the fast moving opportunities afforded by the internet, websites, social networking and data communication give those in the know a huge advantage over traditional marketers. The goal of this book is to teach you how.
Author Michelle Accardi-Petersen has been on both the planning and implementation side of the problem. Utilizing methods that may be familiar to those with a software background but without the technical baggage, she presents the techniques that will put you way ahead of traditional marketers and move your organization to the forefront in their overall marketing operations.
What you'll learn
How to apply agile project management skills to the marketing process to get better program results.
Ideas on techniques that are currently working in the marketplace.
How to template marketing plans or adapt the templates provided to meet your needs.
The process you need to utilize to beat your competition and get the visibility you need for your product.
Who this book is for
This book is for those who would like to create and run successful marketing programs that meet the needs of their business and consumers. Marketing people, managers and small business owners will find this book useful.
Table of Contents
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewer
- CHAPTER 1: Agile: Marketing's New Method
- CHAPTER 2: A Practical Case for Using Agile Methods
CHAPTER 3: Collaborative Leadership
- Finding Your Way to the Marketing Garden of Eden with ADAM and EVE
- The Four-Step Process
- Target the Silos
- Make Agile a Priority
- Cultivating Customers
- Reinventing Marketing
- Different Roles for Marketing
- Why Can't They Just Get Along?
- Customer-Facing Functions
- Customer Service and Support
- A New Focus on Customer Metrics
- Four Types of Relationships
- Moving Up
CHAPTER 4: Plan, Fail, Iterate, Succeed
- Step 1: Plan
- Step 2: Iterate
- Step 3: Fail
- Step 4: Succeed
- Why Do We Care About Writing Great Plans?
- Seeing the Big Picture So You Can Iterate the Details
- Understand the Marketing Challenge
- Identify Market Opportunities
- Select a Target Market
- Decide How to Attract Customers
- Communication Objectives
- Message Design, Budget, and Media
- Evaluating Communication Effectiveness
- Don't Be Afraid to Try New, Untested Mediums like Web 2.0
- Personal Selling
- Decide on Pricing
- Identify How to Grow and Keep Customers
- Ensure the Financials of the Marketing Program Make Sense
- Contribution Analysis
- A Never-Ending Process
- Understand What We Need to Know for Feedback into the Loop
- Keys to Success: Selling Is Part of Marketing!
- Tell a Story
- Keep It Simple
- CHAPTER 5: How to Get Moving in Agile
CHAPTER 6: Crowdsourcing or Once Again Formalizing My Practice
- Beyond the Team: Crowdsourcing
- Agile Crowdsourcing: Plan
- Content Development
- Product Development
- Crowdsourcing and Ideation
- Initiate the Wave
- Home or Away: The Platforms
- Motivate and Spur Participation
- Crowdsourcing and Agile Marketing
- Difference Between Crowdsourcing, Open Innovation, Mass Collaboration, and Co-creation
- Crowdsourcing Beyond Ideation
- Title: AGILE MARKETING
- Release date: November 2011
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430233152