Agile Principles Unleashed: Proven approaches for achieving real productivity gains in any organisation
An essential tool for anyone whose job it is to deliver high-quality results on time and to budget!
In today's challenging economic climate, organisations faced with limited budgets and frozen staffing levels need proven, common-sense approaches to maximise their productivity. Agile approaches are business practices with a proven track record for helping organisations achieve greater efficiency, higher-quality outputs and increased customer satisfaction. They enable organisations to avoid the trappings of extensive up-front planning and up-front budget commitments by encouraging staff to regularly produce high-value business outputs; and by basing ongoing financial and resource commitments on the delivered outcomes. This focus on responsive planning based on tangible outputs is why Agile approaches have been successfully used in selected industries for over two decades.
Agile Principles Unleashed: Proven approaches for achieving real productivity gains in any organisation introduces every industry sector to the Agile approaches that have dramatically improved the IT, product development and manufacturing sectors over the past two decades.
The book clearly explains how the key principles of Agile approaches can be used to significantly increase productivity, quality and customer satisfaction in every business activity at your organisation. Written in non-technical language specifically for business professionals, this book is an essential tool for anyone whose job it is to deliver high-quality results on time and to budget.
Benefits of introducing Agile …
Over the past two decades, Agile approaches have had a revolutionary impact on software development in many small- and medium-sized IT companies, as well as big corporations like Microsoft, Yahoo! and Google. Thanks to their focus on responsive planning, tangible outputs and waste management, Agile approaches have also led to equally dramatic improvements in the product development and manufacturing sectors.
Agile Principles Unleashed shows how organisations in every industry sector can benefit by using proven, common-sense Agile approaches to deliver successful outcomes across a full range of business activities.
Table of contents
- About The Author
- Section 1: A Case Study
Section 2: What you need to know about Agile
- Chapter 1: Agile in a Nutshell
- Chapter 2: Why is Agile So Effective?
- Chapter 3: Why Don’t More Organisations Use Agile?
- Chapter 4: Agile Sounds Good, But …
Section 3: 12 Agile Principles that will Revolutionise your Organisation
- Chapter 5: Responsive Planning
- Chapter 6: Business-value-Driven Work
- Chapter 7: Hands-on Business Outputs
- Chapter 8: Real-time Customer Feedback
- Chapter 9: Immovable Deadlines
- Chapter 10: Management by Self-motivation
- Chapter 11: ‘Just-in-time’ Communication
Chapter 12: Immediate Status Tracking
- The end of the monthly report
- Measuring productivity by outputs
- Tracking overall progress in the requirements backlog
- Tracking day-to-day work in the delivery backlog
- The power of the ‘burndown’ chart
- The real-time executive dashboard
- Early and continuous delivery tracking
- Redefining risk management
- Chapter 13: Waste Management
- Chapter 14: Constantly Measurable Quality
- Chapter 15: Rear-view Mirror Checking
- Chapter 16: Continuous Improvement
Section 4: Making Agile Work in your Organisation
- Chapter 17: Selecting Agile Approaches That Best Meet Your Needs
- Chapter 18: Introducing Agile Within Your Organisation
- Chapter 19: Using Agile Tools
- Chapter 20: Expanding the Use of Agile in Your Organisation
- Author’s Note on Agile Resources
- ITG Resources
- Title: Agile Principles Unleashed: Proven approaches for achieving real productivity gains in any organisation
- Release date: July 2010
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849281379
You might also like
Critical Thinking Skills For Dummies
Turbocharge your reasoning with Critical Thinking Just what are the ingredients of a great argument? What …
Agile for Project Managers
Agile project management is a proven approach for designing and delivering software with improved value to …
Connected Leadership will show you how to: · Create a more agile organisation & respond swiftly …
Agile IT Organization Design: For Digital Transformation and Continuous Delivery
Design IT Organizations for Agility at Scale Aspiring digital businesses need overall IT agility, not just …