Chapter 1. Access as a Development Tool
IN THIS CHAPTER
- Why This Chapter Is Important
- What Types of Applications Can You Develop in Access?
- Access as a Scalable Product
- What Exactly Is a Database?
- Getting to Know the Database Objects
- Object Naming Conventions
- Hardware Requirements
- How Do I Get Started Developing an Access Application?
- What’s New in Access 2007?
- Other New Features Found in Access 2007
- Additional Tips and Tricks
- Practical Examples: The Application Design for a Computer Consulting Firm
Why This Chapter Is Important
In talking to users and developers, I find that Access is a very misunderstood product. Many people think that it is just a toy for managers or secretaries wanting to play with data. Others feel that it is a serious ...