Chapter 15. What Are ActiveX Data Objects, and Why Are They Important?
IN THIS CHAPTER
- Why This Chapter Is Important
- Examining the ADO Model
- Understanding ADO Recordset Types
- Working with ADO Recordset Properties and Methods
- Modifying Table Data Using ADO Code
- Creating and Modifying Database Objects Using ADO Code
- Practical Examples: Applying These Techniques to Your Application
Why This Chapter Is Important
ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) are used to create, modify, and remove Jet Engine, Access Database Engine, SQL Server, or other open database connectivity (ODBC) objects via code. They give you the flexibility to move beyond the user interface to manipulate data stored in the Jet Engine, Access Database Engine, and other formats. Some of the ...