Chapter 5. Automating deployment: CloudFormation, Elastic Beanstalk, and OpsWorks
This chapter covers
- Running a script on server startup to deploy applications
- Deploying common web applications with the help of AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- Deploying multilayer applications with the help of AWS OpsWorks
- Comparing the different deployment services available on AWS
Whether you want to use software from in-house development, open source projects, or commercial vendors, you need to install, update, and configure the application and its dependencies. This process is called deployment. In this chapter, you’ll learn about three tools for deploying applications to virtual servers on AWS:
- Deploying a VPN solution with the help of AWS CloudFormation ...