Chapter 6. Securing your system: IAM, security groups, and VPC
This chapter covers
- Keeping your software up to date
- Controlling access to your AWS account with users and roles
- Keeping your traffic under control with security groups
- Using CloudFormation to create a private network
- Who is responsible for security?
If security is a wall, you’ll need a lot of bricks to build that wall. This chapter focuses on the four most important bricks
to secure your systems on AWS:
- Installing software updates —New security vulnerabilities are found in software every day. Software vendors release updates to fix those vulnerabilities. It’s your job to install those updates as quickly as possible after they’re released. Otherwise, your system will be ...