Chapter 15. Application Programming for the IMS Database Manager
Application programs can interact with IMS DB in two ways:
• Applications that use the Data Language/Interface (DL/I) database call interface
• Java applications that use the IMS Universal drivers for Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) access or DL/I access
This chapter discusses the DL/I database call interface. See Chapter 18, “Application Programming in Java,” for information about how Java applications call IMS.
In This Chapter
• Introduction to Database Processing
• Processing a Single Database Record
• COBOL and PL/I Programming Considerations
• Processing Databases with Logical Relationships
• Processing Databases with Secondary Indexes
• Loading Databases
• Using Batch Checkpoint/Restart ...