The IMS system definition process:
• Describes the IMS resources (databases, applications, devices, terminals, and links) to IMS:
• At installation time
• When maintenance is applied
• When standard application definition changes are required
• Assumes a working knowledge of the z/OS system modification program/extended (SMP/E). SMP/E is required for installation and is used as part of the IMS system definition process.
• Becomes more dynamic in every new version of IMS.
Two major functions can make your IMS system definition process easier and more dynamic: the Extended Terminal Option (ETO), and the dynamic resource definition (DRD) and online change processes.
ETO, a separately priced feature of ...