There are lots of tutorials on web development with HTML and CSS, but if you’re just starting out on this path, this video course from sisters Cassidy and Camryn Williams is the one for you: it makes learning easy, accessible, and definitely fun. You’ll quickly learn the basics of designing and building your own web pages.
Cassidy and Camryn have both taught in-person HTML and CSS workshops to students ranging from middle school to college. In this video, you’ll code along with them as you learn how to build web pages with HTML and define the look and format with CSS. Along the way, you’ll learn a host of best practices as well as how avoid common pitfalls.
- Explore HTML’s basic tag and text structure
- Learn individual HTML tags for images, line breaks, and tables
- Dive into CSS elements, such as background color, floating, positioning, margins, and padding
- Learn about new capabilities in HTML5 and CSS3
- Consider various HTML and CSS frameworks
- Understand how to host and maintain a website
Cassidy Williams is a software engineer and developer evangelist at Venmo. A graduate in Computer Science from Iowa State University, she has a passion for helping STEM students excel. Cassidy has spoken at the Grace Hopper Celebration for Women in Computing, the National Center for Women & IT Summit, the United Nations, and the U.S. Science and Engineering Festival, and other events.
Camryn Williams, a Computer Science student at Iowa State University, holds computer science and web development workshops for middle school, high school, and college students. An intern for Microsoft, Google, and (soon) Apple, she attended the White House Tech Inclusion Summit hosted by CTO Todd Park and loves mentoring young women in technology.
Table of contents
- An Introduction to HTML 00:17:25
- Putting It All Together: Building a Recipe Website 00:05:27
- An Introduction to CSS 00:08:26
- Separating Styling: Classes, IDs, and Other Segregation 00:06:36
- Placing Things Where You Want Them: CSS Positioning, Padding, and Margins 00:06:57
- Putting It All Together: Building a Personal Website 00:09:09
- HTML Forms 00:01:23
- Other Technologies Moving Forward 00:02:05
- Hosting your Project Online 00:02:01
- Release date: March 2015
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491923320
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
10+ Hours of Video Instruction Linux Fundamentals LiveLessons has more than 10 hours of comprehensive video …
Web Development in Python with Django: Building Backend Web Applications and APIs with Django
9+ Hours of Video Instruction Leverage Python and the Django web framework to develop applications quickly …
Introduction to Python
Intrigued by Python? Learn how to get started with this popular language, whether you’re new to …