Explore the new business models, unrecognized opportunities, and complex challenges that bitcoin—and the blockchain behind it—are creating. This complete video compilation captures every moment of Bitcoin & the Blockchain, the first in a series of O’Reilly Radar Summits. You’ll get a front-row seat to all 18 quick-paced sessions at this one-day event.
Organized by Kieren James-Lubin, founding director of the Cryptocurrency Research Group, and Lorne Lantz, bitcoin entrepreneur and educator, the Summit brought the brightest minds in bitcoin and the blockchain together to share their expertise, unveil their secrets, and offer a glimpse of the future.
Download this video or stream it through our HD player, and view a leading-edge agenda that includes presentations and panel discussions such as:
- The Gift of Freedom—Tim O’Reilly discusses why bitcoin and the blockchain are on our radar
- The VC Perspective of the Bitcoin Ecosystem—VCs explain why they’ve invested in bitcoin companies
- Bitcoin Security, from Personal to Enterprise—presented by BitGo’s Mike Belshe
- The Developing World, Bitcoin’s Killer App—Bringing first world financial services to the unbanked in developing countries
- Ethereum—the programmable blockchain and decentralized application development platform, presented by Vitalik Buterin
- The Elephant in the Room: Bitcoin and Compliance—What you can and cannot do with bitcoin in the existing regulatory environment
- Smart Contracts: Implementation and Integration—How smart contracts with the blockchain can transform the legal system
- Towards a Decentralized Internet of Things—Pinoccio’s Eric Jennings discusses the blockchain’s ability to exchange information securely
O’Reilly Radar Summits are one-day events on disruptive technologies that are on the cusp of commercial viability. O’Reilly Radar offers insight, analysis, and research about emerging and game-changing technologies, through the Radar blog and upcoming events.
Table of Contents
- Intro to Bitcoin & the Blockchain - Lorne Lantz and Kieren James-Lubin 00:20:03
- The Gift of Freedom - Tim O'Reilly 00:13:14
- Bitcoin Security, from Personal to Enterprise - Mike Belshe 00:18:09
- Building with Bitcoin: 10 Stories in 10 Minutes - Adam Ludwin 00:12:30
- The Developing World, Bitcoin's Killer App - Moderator: Daniel Cawrey - Panelists: Ron Hose and Sebastian Serrano 00:28:57
- Connecting the World: Design Decisions Behind Stellar - Moderator: Kord Campbell - Panelists: Joyce Kim, Jed McCaleb 00:20:08
- Ethereum: the Programmable Blockchain and Decentralized Application Development Platform - Vitalik Buterin 00:24:08
- Taking Bitcoin Global: Technical Strategies for Scaling - Peter Todd 00:13:33
- Browser Native Payments in HTML 6. Will Bitcoin be the Native Currency of the Internet? - Erik Anderson 00:11:52
- Bitcoin Jingle - Tatiana Moroz 00:03:07
- The Elephant in the Room: Bitcoin and Compliance - Moderator: Tim O'Reilly - Panelists: Bill Janeway and Karen Gifford 00:39:17
- A Conversation with Reid Hoffman and Wences Casares 00:29:59
- Smart Contracts: Implementation and Integration - Moderator: Aaron Wright - Panelists: Primavera De Filippi and Steve Omohundro 00:15:49
- Towards a Decentralized Internet of Things - Eric Jennings 00:11:56
- Bitcoin and the Future: Projections and Predictions - Moderator: David Chen - Panelists: Elizabeth Stark, Robin Hanson 00:27:59
- Closing Remarks - Lorne Lantz and Kieren James-Lubin 00:06:25
- Title: An O'Reilly Radar Summit: Bitcoin & the Blockchain: Complete Video Compilation
- Release date: February 2015
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491925300