Many instrumentation engineers and scientists often deal with analog electronic issues when approaching delicate measurements. Even if off-the-shelf measuring solutions exist, comprehension of the analog behavior of the measuring system is often a necessity.
This book provides a concise introduction to the main elements of a low frequency analog acquisition chain. It aims to be sufficiently general to provide an introduction, yet specific enough to guide the reader through some classical problems that may be encountered in the subject. Topics include sensors, conditioning circuits, differential and instrumentation amplifiers, active filters (mainly for anti-aliasing purposes) and analog to digital converters. A chapter is devoted to an introduction to noise and electronic compatibility.
This work is intended for people with a general background in electronics and signal processing, who are looking for an introduction to classical electronic solutions employed in measuring instruments involving low frequency analog signal processing.
Table of contents
- 1 Fundamentals of Sensing and Signal Conditioning
- 2 Amplification and Amplifiers
- 3 Elements of Active Filter Synthesis
- 4 Analog to Digital Converters
5 Introduction to Noise Analysis in Low Frequency Circuits
- 5.1. What is noise?
- 5.2. Stochastic modeling of a noise
- 5.3. Different kinds of stochastic noises
- 5.4. Limits of modeling
- 5.5. Contributions from stochastically independent noise sources
- 5.6. Noise equivalent bandwidth and noise factor
- 5.7. Amplifiers and noise
- 5.8. Noise from “outer space”: electromagnetic compatibility
- 5.9. Conclusion
- Appendix: Legal Notes
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Analog Electronics for Measuring Systems
- Release date: May 2017
- Publisher(s): Wiley-ISTE
- ISBN: 9781786301482
You might also like
Practical Electronic Design for Experimenters
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, …
Electronics from the Ground Up: Learn by Hacking, Designing, and Inventing
Discover the inner-workings of electronics through innovative hands-on experiments Are you fascinated by the power of …
Principles of Analog Electronics
In the real world, most signals are analog, spanning continuously varying values. Circuits that interface with …
Complete Electronics Self-Teaching Guide with Projects
An all-in-one resource on everything electronics-related! For almost 30 years, this book has been a classic …