The fully update Third Edition of the most trusted book on financial statement analysis
Recent financial events have taught us to take a more critical look at the financial disclosures provides by companies. In the Third Edition of Analysis of Financial Statements, Pamela Peterson-Drake and Frank Fabozzi once again team up to provide a practical guide to understanding and interpreting financial statements. Written to reflect current market conditions, this reliable resource will help analysts and investors use these disclosures to assess a company's financial health and risks.
Throughout Analysis of Financial Statements, Third Edition, the authors demonstrate the nuts and bolts of financial analysis by applying the techniques to actual companies. Along the way, they tackle the changing complexities in the area of financial statement analysis and provide an up-to-date perspective of new acts of legislation and events that have shaped the field.
Addresses changes to U.S. and international accounting standards, as well as innovations in the areas of credit risk models and factor models
Includes examples, guidance, and an incorporation of information pertaining to recent events in the accounting/analysis community
Covers issues of transparency, cash flow, income reporting, and much more
Whether evaluating a company's financial information or figuring valuation for M&A's, analyzing financial statements is essential for both professional investors and corporate finance executives. The Third Edition of Analysis of Financial Statements contains valuable insights that can help you excel at this endeavor.
Table of contents
- Wiley Global Finance
- The Frank J. Fabozzi Series
- Title Page
- About the Authors
Part One: The Basics
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Financial Statements
- Chapter 3: The Quality of Financial Information
Part Two: Analysis of Financial Statements
Chapter 4: Financial Analysis
- WHAT ARE FINANCIAL RATIOS AND HOW DO WE USE THEM?
- WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF FINANCIAL RATIOS?
- ANALYSIS OF RETURN-ON-INVESTMENT RATIOS
- HOW CAN WE USE COMMON-SIZE ANALYSIS TO ANALYZE FINANCIAL STATEMENTS?
- INTEGRATED RATIO ANALYSIS
- WHAT ARE THE PITFALLS AND PRATFALLS OF FINANCIAL RATIO ANALYSIS?
- Chapter 5: Equity Analysis
- Chapter 6: Cash Flow Analysis
- Chapter 4: Financial Analysis
Part Three: Applying Financial Analysis
- Chapter 7: Measuring Company Performance
- Chapter 8: Corporate Credit Analysis
- Chapter 9: Analysis of Equity Risk Using Fundamentals Factor Models
- Chapter 10: The Lessons We Learn
- Answers to End-of-Chapter Questions
- Title: Analysis of Financial Statements, 3rd Edition
- Release date: November 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118299982
You might also like
Business Analysis with Microsoft Excel, Fifth Edition
Gain Deeper Insights, Make Smarter Decisions, and Earn More Profits It’s time to put the full …
Business Ratios and Formulas: A Comprehensive Guide, Third Edition
A complete appraisal of analytical tools available to managers to assess performance Required reading for anyone …
Financial Statement Analysis: A Practitioner's Guide, Fourth Edition
An updated guide to the essential discipline of financial statement analysis In Financial Statement Analysis, Fourth …
Introduction to Finance: Markets, Investments, and Financial Management, 15th Edition
The fifteenth edition of Introduction to Finance: Markets, Investments, and Financial Management builds upon the successes …