Android game apps are typically the most popular type of Android apps in the various Google Play, Amazon Appstore and other Android app stores. So, beyond the Android game tutorials out there, what about a day-to-day handy and complete code reference for Android game developers?
Android Game Recipes is your first, reliable game coding reference for today's Android game apps. This book provides easy to follow real world game code problems and solutions, including source code.
This book covers code recipe solutions that are common to 2D game development problems such as designing a game menu, collision detection, moving characters, moving backgrounds and more. This book also includes how to work with player input, how to add multiple levels, how to create game graphics for different screen resolution, and how to work with device sensors.
After reading and using this book, you'll have the templated code snippets, solutions and frameworks to apply to your game app design to build your game, customize it, and then sell it on the Android app stores.
What you'll learn
How to use this handy code reference for creating, designing, building and enhancing your game app for Android
What solutions are common to 2D game development problems such as:
Creating a game menu
How to master the fundamentals of OpenGL ES 2 on Android
How to create the best work with game graphics
Why is simple trajectory math important and how to use it
How to add multiple levels to your games for your app
How to store data
Who this book is for
This book is for intermediate Android developers and/or game developers looking at Android.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewer
- Chapter 1: Getting Started
- Chapter 2: Loading an Image
- Chapter 3: The Splash Screen
- Chapter 4: The Menu Screen
- Chapter 5: Reading Player Input
- Chapter 6: Loading a SpriteSheet
- Chapter 7: Scrolling a Background
- Chapter 8: Scrolling Multiple Backgrounds
- Chapter 9: Syncing the Background to Character Movement
- Chapter 10: Building a Level Using Tiles
- Chapter 11: Moving a Character
- Chapter 12: Moving an Enemy
- Chapter 13: Moving a Character with Obstacles
- Chapter 14: Firing Weapons
- Chapter 15: Collision Detection
- Chapter 16: Keeping Score
- Chapter 17: Keeping Time
- Title: Android Game Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach
- Release date: December 2013
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430257646