Chapter 12. Putting Android to work in a field service application
This chapter covers
- Designing a real-world Android application
- Mapping out the application flow
- Writing application source code
- Downloading, data parsing, and signature capture
- Uploading data to a server
Now that we’ve introduced and examined Android and some of its core technologies, it’s time to put together a more comprehensive application. Exercising APIs can be informative, educational, and even fun for a while, but at some point a platform must demonstrate its worth via an application that can be used outside of the ivory tower—and that’s what this chapter is all about. In this chapter, we systematically design, code, and test an Android application to aid a team ...