The first action we can take towards the observability of our Angular application is to monitor some general health metrics. General health metrics that we will be working with are divided into a few categories. First, we have two metrics coming from the Angular profiler:
- msPerTick: The average ms it took per tick. A tick can be considered a refresh operation or repaint. In other words, the number of milliseconds it takes to repaint all your variables.
- numTicks: The number of elapsed ticks.
Other kinds of metrics we collect are related to the client workstation:
- core: The number of logical cores
- appVersion: The browser used
We can also extract information about the connection:
- cnxDownlink: Downlink connection speed ...