Chapter 2. Building your first app
This chapter covers
- Launching Xcode for the first time
- Creating your first application
- Running your first application
You’ve done all the setup (if you haven’t done it yet, please go to appendix A to set up the tools you’ll need to complete this chapter). Now you’re probably eager to start creating your first app. We’re going to start off as almost every programmer ever has: with a Hello World application—a rite of passage for coding. A Hello World application is the first app almost every programmer writes when learning a new programming language, because it’s a simple app that accomplishes two goals:
- It gets the programmer using the new tools.
- It proves that the programming tools are set up correctly. ...