Apache Hadoop YARN Fundamentals LiveLessonsis the first complete video training course on the basics of Apache Hadoop version 2 with YARN. The tutorial begins with MapReduce and Big Data fundamentals and moves to YARN design, installation (laptop, cluster, and cloud), administration, running applications (MapReduce2, Pig and Hive), writing new applications, and useful frameworks. Additional coverage of Ambari, Ganglia, Nagios and the Hortonworks HDP is provided.
The source code repository for this LiveLesson can be found at www.clustermonkey.net/download/LiveLessons/Hadoop_YARN_Fundamentals/.
About the Instructor
Douglas Eadlineis the instructor for this essential Big Data LiveLessons. Eadline is a practitioner and writer in the Linux Cluster community and previously authored Hadoop Fundamentals LiveLessons which focused on many of the basic aspects of Hadoop processing. Eadline is a co-authorof the companion book Apache Hadoop YARN, Moving beyond MapReduce and Batch Processing with Apache Hadoop 2. Doug provides a clear and complete introduction to many of the important Apache Hadoop YARN tasks and topics. In addition to a sound background on Hadoop design, he provides several installation scenarios including a laptop, cluster, and cloud. The Ambari graphic installation tool is explained and used for both installation and administration. You will also learn how to write your own YARN applications and what is needed to run Hadoop version 1 applications. Some familiarity with Java, Hadoop MapReduce and the Hadoop Distributed File System is helpful but not necessary. All example code and Lesson notes are available for download.
Table of Contents
- Lesson 1: Apache Hadoop Yarn Background Concepts
- Lesson 2: Running Apache Hadoop YARN on Personal Systems
- Lesson 3: Functional Description of YARN Components
Lesson 4: Apache Hadoop YARN Cluster Installation Methods
- Learning objectives 00:00:38
- 4.1 Complete a large scale scripted installation 00:25:02
- 4.2 Complete a large Apache Ambari installation—Part 1 00:16:10
- 4.2 Complete a large Apache Ambari installation—Part 2 00:26:34
- 4.3 Complete the installation of Ganglia and Nagios—Part 1 00:11:34
- 4.3 Complete the installation of Ganglia and Nagios—Part 2 00:26:14
- Lesson 5: Apache Hadoop YARN Cluster Administration Methods
- Lesson 6: Running Existing Applications with Apache Hadoop YARN
- Lesson 7: Using YARN Distributed Shell and Introduction to Applications
- Lesson 8: Exploring Apache Hadoop YARN Application Frameworks
- Title: Apache Hadoop YARN LiveLessons (Video Training)
- Release date: December 2013
- Publisher(s): Addison-Wesley Professional
- ISBN: 9780133811063