Learn in detail about Apache Kafka platform, which is used by giants such as Netflix and LinkedIn. A hands-on approach to build Kafka consumer applications using Java to reinforce your learning.
About This Video
- Learn to build Kafka Producers/Consumers using Java
- Covers advanced Kafka Producer and Consumer concepts
- Hands-on oriented course
This course will walk you through the Kafka concepts step by step. We will explore the Kafka internals from a theoretical perspective followed by hands-on exploring the Kafka internals. Then we will learn about building the Kafka Producer to produce messages into Kafka using the producer API. This is followed by learning the different configurations that guarantee message delivery into Kafka and building Kafka Consumer to read messages from Kafka using the consumer API.
In the next section, we will learn about consumer groups and consumer rebalance, consumer offsets, and the different strategies that are available for the consumer to commit the offsets.
Next, we will learn about consumer rebalance listeners to perform some clean-up before partition revocation or some initialization tasks during partition assignment. Then learn about the different techniques from the consumer to seek a different offset.
And finally, we will code and learn how to build custom Serializer/Deserializer and integrate it into our Kafka Producer/Consumer.
By the end of the course, you will have a complete understanding of Apache Kafka and will be able to build Kafka Consumer applications using Java.
Who this book is for
This course is designed for Kafka beginners and advanced level. Anyone interested in building Java applications using producer and consumer API or interested in learning advanced Kafka Producer and Consumer operations, then this course is for you.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with the Course
- Chapter 2 : Getting Started with Kafka
- Chapter 3 : Download and Install Kafka
Chapter 4 : Understanding Kafka Components and its Internals - (Theory + Hands-On)
- Kafka Topics and Partitions - Theory
- Set Up a ZooKeeper/Kafka Broker in Local
- Create Topic, Produce and Consume Messages Using the CLI
- Produce and Consume Messages with Key
- Consumer Offsets
- Consumer Groups
- Commit Log and Retention Policy
- Kafka as a Distributed Streaming System
- Setting up a Kafka Cluster in Local with 3 Kafka Brokers
- How Kafka Cluster Distributes the Client Requests? Leader/Follower
- How Kafka Handles Data Loss? Replication and In-Sync-Replica(ISR)
- Fault Tolerance and Robustness in Kafka
- Chapter 5 : Kafka Producer API - Hands-On
- Chapter 6 : Kafka Producer API - Guaranteed Message Delivery Configurations
- Chapter 7 : Kafka Consumer API – Hands-On
- Chapter 8 : Consumer Groups and Consumer Rebalance – Hands-On
- Chapter 9 : Consumer Offsets - Default and Manual Offset Management – Hands-On
- Chapter 10 : Consumer Rebalance Listeners – Hands-On
- Chapter 11 : Kafka Consumer - seekToBeginning(), seekToEnd(), and seek() – Hands-On
Chapter 12 : Custom Serializer and Deserializers in Kafka – Hands-On
- Why Custom Kafka Serializer/Deserializer?
- Build a Custom Serializer in Kafka Producer Using Jackson ObjectMapper
- Build Kafka Producer Using Custom Serializer
- Build a Custom DeSerializer in Kafka Producer Using Jackson ObjectMapper
- Build Kafka Consumer Using Custom Serializer
- Publish Custom Objects Using StringSerializer and Jackson ObjectMapper
- Consume Custom Objects using StringDeserializer and Jackson ObjectMapper
- Title: Apache Kafka for Beginners - Learn Kafka by Hands-On
- Release date: November 2021
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781803247090
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …