Get hands-on with Kafka monitoring setup with Prometheus and Grafana, Kafka operations and Kafka cluster upgrades Setup in AWS.
About This Video
- Set up a multi-broker Kafka cluster in no time in AWS (using CloudFormation)
- Set up administration tools such as Kafka Manager, ZooNavigator, and LinkedIn's Kafka Monitor
- Set up monitoring using Grafana and Prometheus
This course helps you learn Kafka administration, Kafka monitoring, Kafka operations, and Kafka upgrades. It covers the following topics:
- Administration for Apache Kafka
- Setup UI tools such as Kafka Manager, Zoo Navigator, and Kafka Monitor to get a full view of your cluster
- Understand basic operations you can perform with these tools Monitoring for Apache Kafka
- A Kafka that is not monitored is a ticking time-bomb.
- Set up proper monitoring for Kafka and Zookeeper
- Store your metrics in Prometheus and visualize them in Grafana
- Operations for Apache Kafka
- Perform the most common and difficult operations in your Apache Kafka cluster
- Roll-restart your brokers in only one command
- Update Kafka configurations safely with no downtime
- Rebalance partitions and change the replication factor of your topics
- Add, replace, and remove brokers.
- Upgrades for Apache Kafka
- Understand the subtlety of upgrading a Kafka cluster
- Step-by-step explanations on upgrading a cluster with no downtime
All the code files are placed at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Apache-Kafka-Series---Kafka-Monitoring-and-Operations
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.