Automate and test APIs with Postman
About This Video
- Easy to understand examples that guide you towards an understanding of the things to consider while you're doing API testing
- Work with patterns, services, and best practices to effectively test an API to contribute to high-quality software
- Visualize and debug your API during development so that you don't need to revisit the design later
Postman is a powerful tool used to test web services and APIs. It allows you to create a request with the required HTTP method and parameters, submit the request, and inspect the results.
This course will use the Postman testing tool to teach you API testing. You will use Postman to find bugs and aid in efficient API development. Create requests and building simple workflows with Postman. Additionally, it will show you how to set up test suites in Postman that can be re-used for regression testing as a project grows.
By the end of this course, you will be able to write automated API tests and have a good grasp of how to test an API. You will know how to use Postman as you work with APIs in various capacities and you will have confidence in your ability to take part in creating high-quality APIs.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started with API Testing
- Chapter 2 : Hands-On API Testing with Postman
- Chapter 3 : Testing Your API Calls
- Chapter 4 : Automating API Tests in Postman
- Chapter 5 : Building Quality APIs Using Postman
- Chapter 6 : Advanced Techniques in Postman
- Title: API Testing with Postman
- Release date: February 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789616569