Create Android mobile apps, no programming required!
Even with limited programming experience, you can easily learn to create apps for the Android platform with this complete guide to App Inventor for Android. App Inventor for Android is a visual language that relies on simple programming blocks that users can drag and drop to create apps. This handy book gives you a series of fully worked-out apps, complete with their programming blocks, which you can customize for your own use or use as a starting point for creating the next killer app. And it's all without writing a single line of code. Don't miss the book's special section on Apps Inventor Design Patterns, which explains computer terms in simple terms and is an invaluable basic reference.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Part I
- Chapter 3: SounDroid: Creating an Android Sound Machine
- Chapter 4: OrderDroid: A Maintainable Mobile Commerce App
- Chapter 5: AndroidDown: A Location-Aware Panic Button
- Chapter 6: AlphaDroid: An Alphabet Tracing Game
- Chapter 7: PunchDroid: An Android Punch Bug Game
- Chapter 8: Collection Assistant: A Barcode and Database Application
- Chapter 9: BlueChat: A Bluetooth Chat Client
- Chapter 10: TwiTorial: A Twitter Application
- Part III
- Title: App Inventor for Android: Build Your Own Apps — No Experience Required!
- Release date: June 2011
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119991335