• Understand the basics of SSL certificates
• Create a self-signed SSL certificate
• Create a certificate signing request
• Import a certificate signed by a certificate authority
• Archive your certificate
• Configure which certificate your OS X Server services use
You can definitely use OS X Server without doing any additional work to secure its services. However, you can use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology to prove your server’s identity to client computers and devices, and to encrypt communication between your server and client computers and devices. This lesson starts out with the basics of SSL, and then shows you how to configure SSL certificates for use with OS X Server.