Lesson 15. Leveraging NetInstall
• Understand the concepts of NetBoot, NetInstall, and NetRestore
• Create an image for deployment
• Configure the NetInstall service
• Configure clients to use NetInstall
• Learn to troubleshoot NetInstall
One significant challenge for OS X administrators today is the deployment of software to multiple computers. Whether it is operating system (OS) releases and updates or commercial applications, installing the software manually is a labor-intensive process. OS X Server provides services and technologies to aid in this deployment. The NetInstall service simplifies OS rollout and upgrades.
Knowing how to use time efficiently is a very important aspect of an administrator’s job. When managing several hundred ...