• Learn the function of DHCP
• Use the Server App to configure and manage the DHCP service
• Understand static addresses
• Identify current clients of OS X Server DHCP services
• Display the log files for the DHCP service
You can use the OS X Server DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) service to dynamically configure network settings for computers and devices, so that you don’t have to manually configure them. The word “Host” in “Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol” refers to the computers and devices that are DHCP clients. Although many networks now provide DNS and DHCP service as part of their basic infrastructure, you may want to use the OS X Server DHCP service because it is easier or more convenient ...