Design and architect resilient OpenShift clusters and gain a keen understanding of how hundreds of projects are integrated into a powerful solution. While there are many OpenShift resources available for developers, this book focuses on the key elements of infrastructure and operations that teams need when looking to integrate and maintain this platform.
You'll review important concepts, such as repeatable deployment techniques, advanced OpenShift RBAC capabilities, monitoring clusters, and integrating with external services. You'll also see how to run specialized workloads in OpenShift and how to deploy non-web based applications on the platform, all designed to help cultivate best practices as your organization continue evolve in microservices architectures.
OpenShift has become the main enterprise Kubernetes distribution and its market penetration continues to growth at rapid rate. While OpenShift’s documentation provides a great list of configuration options to work with the platform, it can be a daunting task to wade through. Architecting and Operating OpenShift Clusters breaks this content down into clear and useful concepts to provide you with a solid understanding of the OpenShift internal architecture.
What You'll Learn
- Operate high availability in muti-tenant OCP clusters Understand OpenShift SDN models, capabilities, and storage classes
- Integrate OCP with existing data center capabilities and CI/CD pipelines
- Support advanced capabilities like: Istio, Multus, Kubernetes Operators, hybrid deployments
Who This Book Is For
Cloud architects, OpenShift cluster administrators, and teams supporting developers in OpenShift environments who have a basic understanding of this platform and microservices architectures.
Table of contents
- 1. The OpenShift Architecture
- 2. High Availability
- 3. Networking
- 4. Storage
- 5. Load Balancers
- 6. Deployment Architectures
- 7. Administration
- 8. Architecting OpenShift Jenkins Pipelines
- 9. Day-2 Operations
- 10. Advanced Network Operations
- 11. OCP 4.1 UPI Mode Bare-Metal with PXE Boot Deployment
- Title: Architecting and Operating OpenShift Clusters: OpenShift for Infrastructure and Operations Teams
- Release date: September 2019
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484249857
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Go is rapidly becoming the preferred language for building web services. There are plenty of tutorials …