How the backend infrastructure relates to how costs are tallied is heavily dependent on the deployment scenario used. Traditional on-premises backend infrastructure cost models for IIoT projects include the following:
- Software licensing and support
- Computer servers and maintenance
- Disk storage and maintenance
- Networking (in the data center)
- Data center power and cooling (and data center expansion if needed)
We will break the software costs into applications, middleware and data management, operating system, and virtualization layers. Each of these have licensing and support costs in the on-premises model. This breakdown will help us explain the components included the subscription costs of ...