Chapter 10. Integrating the Arduino with iOS
This chapter covers
- Connecting your iOS device to the Arduino
- Using the Redpark serial cable
- Switching an Arduino LED from your iOS device
- Using a Slider control to vary the brightness of an LED connected to an Arduino
- Displaying output from an infrared distance sensor on your iOS device
The focus of this chapter isn’t iOS programming but instead the fundamentals of how to connect the Arduino to your iOS device. In this chapter, which is for those programming on a Mac only, we’re going to look at using the Arduino with an iPhone or iPad.
We recommend several other Manning books for learning iOS programming. If you’re new to coding, we suggest reading iOS in Practice by Bear Cahill. For more ...