In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself Arduino Programming in 24 Hours teaches you C programmingon Arduino, so you can start creating inspired “DIY” hardwareprojects of your own! Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-stepapproach, you’ll walk through everything from setting up yourprogramming environment to mastering C syntax and features, interfacing your Arduino to performing full-fledged prototyping.Every hands-on lesson and example builds on what you’ve alreadylearned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Arduino programming tasks.
Quizzes at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Learn how to...
Get the right Arduino hardware and accessories for your needs
Download the Arduino IDE, install it, and link it to your Arduino
Quickly create, compile, upload, and run your first Arduino program
Master C syntax, decision control, strings, data structures, and functions
Use pointers to work with memory—and avoid common mistakes
Store data on your Arduino’s EEPROM or an external SD card
Use existing hardware libraries, or create your own
Send output and read input from analog devices or digital interfaces
Create and handle interrupts in software and hardware
Communicate with devices via the SPI interface and I2C protocol
Work with analog and digital sensors
Write Arduino C programs that control motors
Connect an LCD to your Arduino, and code the output
Install an Ethernet shield, configure an Ethernet connection, and write networking programs
Create prototyping environments, use prototyping shields, and interface electronics to your Arduino
Table of Contents
- About This eBook
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
Part I: The Arduino Programming Environment
- Hour 1. Introduction to the Arduino
- Hour 2. Creating an Arduino Programming Environment
- Hour 3. Using the Arduino IDE
- Hour 4. Creating an Arduino Program
Part II: The C Programming Language
- Hour 5. Learning the Basics of C
- Hour 6. Structured Commands
- Hour 7. Programming Loops
- Hour 8. Working with Strings
- Hour 9. Implementing Data Structures
- Hour 10. Creating Functions
- Hour 11. Pointing to Data
- Hour 12. Storing Data
- Hour 13. Using Libraries
Part III: Arduino Applications
- Hour 14. Working with Digital Interfaces
- Hour 15. Interfacing with Analog Devices
- Hour 16. Adding Interrupts
- Hour 17. Communicating with Devices
- Hour 18. Using Sensors
- Hour 19. Working with Motors
- Hour 20. Using an LCD
- Hour 21. Working with the Ethernet Shield
- Hour 22. Advanced Network Programming
- Hour 23. Handling Files
- Hour 24. Prototyping Projects
- Title: Arduino Programming in 24 Hours, Sams Teach Yourself
- Release date: August 2014
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: 9780133764147