The growth of businesses centered on artificial intelligence and machine learning make it clear: automation will fundamentally reshape industry and society. But this will only happen after a broader sweep and scrutiny of AI and its economic, social, and political influence, from scholars and policymakers alike.
This report adds to this discussion through interviews with the entrepreneurs and executives on the front lines of AI, machine learning, and industry. Among the interviews:
- Michael Osborne explores the coming effects of automation, based on his work as Dyson Associate Professor in Machine Learning at Oxford
- Arjun Singh, cofounder and CEO of Gradescope, talks about AI in education with "Helping Students Learn with Machine Learning"
- Jake Heller, founder and CEO of Casetext, takes us on a tour of machine learning and the law in "The Future of Legal Practice"
- Aaron Kimball, CTO of Zymergen, illuminates the hidden world of "Intelligent Microbes" and their commercial use
- Bryce Meredig, Chief Science Officer of Citrine Informatics, describes ways to apply machine learning for inventing new materials in "The Periodic Table as Training Data"
- Erik Andrejko discusses his work at The Climate Corporation and the role machine learning plays in farming and agriculture
Table of contents
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Industry
- Michael Osborne: Automation, Simplification, and Meeting the Technology Halfway
- Arjun Singh: Helping Students Learn with Machine Learning
- Jake Heller: The Future of Legal Practice
- Aaron Kimball: Intelligent Microbes
- Bryce Meredig: The Periodic Table as Training Data
- Erik Andrejko: Transforming Agriculture with Machine Learning
- Title: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Industry
- Release date: March 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491959336
You might also like
Architects of Intelligence
Book Description How will AI evolve and what major innovations are on the horizon? What will …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Fundamentals
Create AI applications in Python and lay the foundations for your career in data science Key …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …