AS Media Studies: The Essential Introduction for AQA is fully revised for the current specification with full colour throughout, over 100 images, new case studies and examples. The authors introduce students step-by-step to the skills of reading media texts, and address key concepts such as genre, representation, media institutions and media audiences as well as taking students through the tasks expected of them to pass the AQA AS Media Studies exam. The book is supplemented with a companion website at www.asmediastudies.co.uk featuring additional activities and resources, further new case studies such as music and sport, clear instructions on producing different media, quizzes and tests.
Areas covered include:
- an introduction to studying the media
- the key concepts across print, broadcast and e-media
- media institutions
- audiences and the media
- case studies such as Heroes, Nuts, and The Daily Mail
- guided textual analysis of real media on the website and within the book
- research and how to do it
- preparing for exams
- a production guide and how to respond to a brief.
AS Media Studies: The Essential Introduction for AQA clearly guides students through the course and gives them the tips they need to become proficient media producers as well as media analysts.