Chapter 9. Monitoring Performance Regressions
This chapter will cover writing automated tests to monitor performance along with adding these to a Continuous Integration (CI) and deployment system. By constantly checking for regressions, you'll avoid accidentally building a slow application. We'll also cover how to safely load test a system without forcing it offline and how to ensure that tests mimic real life usage as far as possible.
Topics covered in this chapter include the following:
- Load testing
- Automated testing
- Performance monitoring
- Continuous integration and deployment
- Realistic environments and production-like data
- UI testing with selenium and phantom headless browsers
- A/B testing for conversion optimization
- Cloud services and hosting ...