Chapter 7. Leveraging existing ASP.NET features
This chapter covers
- Exploring the ASP.NET server controls
- Using caches, cookies, and sessions
- Applying the tracing feature
- Setting up health monitoring
- Leveraging site maps
- Configuring personalization and localization
Many of us have invested heavily in ASP.NET. With ASP.NET MVC now available as an alternative to Web Forms, is all that knowledge useless? Do we have to relearn this platform entirely from scratch?
You’ll be relieved to know that many of ASP.NET’s platform features work the same way they always have. Even some Web Forms server controls work. In this chapter, we’ll cover what works in ASP.NET MVC and what doesn’t. By the end of the chapter, you should feel comfortable using ...