Chapter 20. Full system testing
This chapter covers
- Testing a web app with browser automation
- Examining simple, but brittle, tests
- Building maintainable, testable navigation
- Leveraging expression-based helpers in tests
- Interacting with form submissions
ASP.NET MVC ushered in a new level of testability for .NET web applications. Although testing a controller action is valuable, the controller action itself is only one piece of ASP.NET MVC’s request pipeline. Various extension points can be used, such as action filters, model binders, custom routes, action invokers, controller factories, and so on. Views can also contain complex rendering logic, unavailable in a normal controller action unit test. With all of these moving pieces, we need ...