Chapter 4. Securing Web API Using OAuth2
This chapter explains how to secure a web API using OAuth2 to authenticate against a membership database using OWIN middleware. You will be able to use local logins to send authenticated requests using OAuth2.
In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- Host OWIN in IIS and add Web API to the OWIN pipeline
- Individual User Account Login authentication flow
- Send an unauthorized request
- Get an access token
- Send an authenticated request
Hosting OWIN in IIS and adding Web API to the OWIN pipeline
Let's create an empty Web API template to integrate ASP.NET Identity. Follow the given steps:
- Create New Project from the Start page in Visual Studio.
- Select Visual C# Installed Template named Web.
- Select ASP.NET Web ...