By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Articulate your goals and motivations for being more assertive.
• Describe where you now stand on the passive-assertive-aggressive continuum.
• List key influences in your life that affect your assertiveness.
• Describe the roles of childhood experiences, transference, and perfectionism in shaping your assertiveness profile.
• Describe the roles of attitude, self-esteem, and self-confidence in shaping your assertiveness profile.
The previous chapter defined assertiveness and identified its value to your career and to the organization you ...