By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• State the importance of nonverbal aspects of communication.
• Differentiate between passive, aggressive, and assertive nonverbal cues.
• Identify key dimensions of assertive nonverbal communication (ANC).
• Explain how dimensions of ANC can be combined to strengthen nonverbal communication.
• Keep a nonverbal communication journal.
• Describe strategies to align your verbal and nonverbal communication.
The last chapter equipped you with practical techniques for making your verbal communication more assertive. In this chapter, you’ll learn ...