Assessment is a widespread activity that can be approached uniformly. Humane assessment offers a concrete approach rooted in the idea that engineers can craft custom tools to capture the specifics of the system at hand and use these tools for effective decision making. In this Learning Path, you'll examine new processes, skills, and a tooling platform for conducting a humane assessment of your software architecture.
In this video, we dive deeper into the nature of tools and how they affect the way we work. We show how the same skills and techniques that were described in Growing Agile Architecture by Empowering Teams are also applicable to a broader range of problems, and we introduce humane assessment as a systematic method for software assessment. The theoretical parts are exemplified with concrete case studies.
Table of Contents
- Assessing Agile Architecture: Context and Outlook 00:01:28
- Software Development Tools Matter 00:13:16
- Searching for Relevant XML Parts: An Exploration Demo 00:07:41
- Extracting Code Snippets from Documentation: An Exploration Demo 00:07:25
- Steering Agile Architecture through the Humane Assessment Method 00:05:29
- Processes for Steering Agile Architecture: Daily Assessment, Strategic Assessment, and Spike Assessment 00:14:00
- Debugging a Cache Problem: A Spike Assessment Case Study for Agile Architecture 00:08:24
- Debugging a Copying Problem: A Spike Assessment Case Study 00:06:15
- Assessing the Impact of A Rewrite: A Strategic Assessment Case Study 00:10:15
- Understanding Custom Configurations: A Strategic Assessment Case Study 00:05:32
- Tooling for Assessing Agile Architecture 00:16:18
- Evaluating the Splitting of An Angular 1 Client into Microservices: A Tooling Buildup Case Study for Agile Architecture 00:10:38
- Estimating a model change: A Tooling Buildup Case Study for Agile Architecture 00:11:07
- Dealing with a proprietary language: A Tooling Buildup Case Study for Agile Architecture 00:14:35
- Assessing Agile Architecture: A Summary 00:06:16
- Title: Assessing Agile Architecture
- Release date: March 2017
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491987995