Revised from its 2004 edition, the new ASTD Competency Study is your essential guide for understanding and using the ASTD Competency Model. The ASTD Competency Model answers the question, what do training and development practitioners need to know and do to be successful, now and in the future? And, how do they prepare for that future faster than ever before? The ASTD Competency Model is the definitive framework for the training and development profession; understanding and applying the model is essential for staying current and relevant in the field.
You’ll learn how to:
Add power to your development plans by honing in on the key competencies and trends that really matter.
Stay current and relevant in the T&D field.
Understand and apply the ASTD Competency Model in a practical, actionable way.
This book presents the academic research behind the model in a practical, actionable way. Ultimately, it helps training and development practitioners add power to their development plans by honing in on the key competencies and trends that really matter.
Table of contents
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 The Value of the ASTD Competency Model
- Chapter 2 What Key Trends Drive the Field?
- Chapter 3 What Were the Results of the Research?
- Chapter 4 Applying the ASTD Competency Model
- Chapter 5 Questions and Answers
- Chapter 6 Examples of the Proven Value of the ASTD Competency Model
- Appendix A Prior ASTD Competency Studies and Key Findings
- Appendix B Data Collection Details
- Appendix C Validation Survey Results
- Appendix D Foundational Competencies Dictionary
- Appendix E Areas of Expertise (AOE) Competency Dictionary
- Appendix F Action Planning for Organizations
- Appendix G Action Planning for Individuals
- Appendix H Adapting the 2013 ASTD Competency Model to Your Organization
- Project Contributors
- Title: ASTD Competency Study: The Training & Development Profession Redefined
- Release date: May 2013
- Publisher(s): Association for Talent Development
- ISBN: 9781562868666
You might also like
ATD Talent Development and Training in Healthcare Handbook
Your Guide for Success in Talent Development and Healthcare Within every corner of a healthcare system …
Developing Talent for Organizational Results: Training Tools From the Best in the Field
Praise for Developing Talentfor Organizational Results "Elaine Biech brings together some of the 'royalty' of American …
Performance-Based Evaluation: Tools and Techniques to Measure the Impact of Training
If you are an experienced trainer, an instructional designer, a specialist in performance improvement, or a …
Training Across Generations
You may know that there are four distinct generations in the workplace. But while the different …