Book descriptionRevised from its 2004 edition, the new ASTD Competency Study is your essential guide for understanding and using the ASTD Competency Model. The ASTD Competency Model answers the question, what do training and development practitioners need to know and do to be successful, now and in the future? And, how do they prepare for that future faster than ever before? The ASTD Competency Model is the definitive framework for the training and development profession; understanding and applying the model is essential for staying current and relevant in the field. You’ll learn how to: Add power to your development plans by honing in on the key competencies and trends that really matter. Stay current and relevant in the T&D field. Understand and apply the ASTD Competency Model in a practical, actionable way. This book presents the academic research behind the model in a practical, actionable way. Ultimately, it helps training and development practitioners add power to their development plans by honing in on the key competencies and trends that really matter.
Table of contents
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 The Value of the ASTD Competency Model
- Chapter 2 What Key Trends Drive the Field?
- Chapter 3 What Were the Results of the Research?
- Chapter 4 Applying the ASTD Competency Model
- Chapter 5 Questions and Answers
- Chapter 6 Examples of the Proven Value of the ASTD Competency Model
- Appendix A Prior ASTD Competency Studies and Key Findings
- Appendix B Data Collection Details
- Appendix C Validation Survey Results
- Appendix D Foundational Competencies Dictionary
- Appendix E Areas of Expertise (AOE) Competency Dictionary
- Appendix F Action Planning for Organizations
- Appendix G Action Planning for Individuals
- Appendix H Adapting the 2013 ASTD Competency Model to Your Organization
- Project Contributors
- Title: ASTD Competency Study: The Training & Development Profession Redefined
- Release date: May 2013
- Publisher(s): Association for Talent Development
- ISBN: 9781562868666
You might also like
People Analytics in the Era of Big Data
Apply predictive analytics throughout all stages of workforce management People Analytics in the Era of Big …
Positive Psychology in Practice: Promoting Human Flourishing in Work, Health, Education, and Everyday Life, 2nd Edition
The best minds in positive psychology survey the state of the field Positive Psychology in Practice, …
How To Build High-Performance Teams
Here’s a step-by-step process to recruit, empower and lead teams.
The Art of Speeches and Presentations: The Secrets of Making People Remember What You Say
Be memorable. Whether you like it or loathe it, public speaking is something many of us …