Audio Engineering 101 is a real world guide for starting out in the recording industry. If you have the dream, the ideas, the music and the creativity but don't know where to start, then this book is for you!
Filled with practical advice on how to navigate the recording world, from an author with first-hand, real-life experience, Audio Engineering 101 will help you succeed in the exciting, but tough and confusing, music industry.
Covering all you need to know about the recording process, from the characteristics of sound to a guide to microphones to analog versus digital recording. Dittmar covers all the basics- equipment, studio acoustics, the principals of EQ/ compression, music examples to work from and when and how to use compression. FAQ's from professionals give you real insight into the reality of life on the industry.
Table of contents
- Front Cover
- Half Title
- Title Page
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- CHAPTER 1 What Is Sound? Seven Important Characteristics
- CHAPTER 2 How to Listen. Remember When Your Parents Told You to Listen? Well, You Should Have Listened!
- CHAPTER 3 EQ Points of Interest. Frequencies Made Easy
- CHAPTER 4 People Skills. Recording Isn't All Technical!
- CHAPTER 5 Microphone Guide and Their Uses. Hey, Is This Thing On?
- CHAPTER 6 Mixing Consoles. So Many Knobs, So Little Time
- CHAPTER 7 Signal Processors. Toys You Could Play with for Days!
- CHAPTER 8 Signal Flow. The Keys to Directing Audio Traffic
- CHAPTER 9 Studio Session Procedures: How a Recording Session Happens and in What Order
- CHAPTER 10 Basic Acoustics…How to Make Your Recording Space Sound Better
- CHAPTER 11 The History of Audio: It Helps to Know Where You Came From
- CHAPTER 12 Now That I Am Dangerous, Should I Get An Internship?
- CHAPTER 13 Jobs. What Can I Do With These Skills?
- CHAPTER 14 FAQ's. Hear It from the Pros
- APPENDIX A
- APPENDIX B
- Title: Audio Engineering 101
- Release date: July 2017
- Publisher(s): Focal Press
- ISBN: 9781136111730
You might also like
Your Creative Career
Anna Sabino is an artist, but certainly not a starving one. She wasn’t born into a …
Audio Engineering 101, 2nd Edition
Practical, concise, and approachable, Audio Engineering 101, Second Edition covers everything aspiring audio engineers need to …
Artist Management for the Music Business, 3rd Edition
With the evolution of the music business and the shifting influence of large record labels, the …
Idiot's Guides: Mixing Music breaks down all the complex jargon for beginners and discussing a blend …