Digital transformation is shaping a new landscape for businesses and their customers. For marketing professionals, advancing technology (artificial intelligence, robots, chatbots, etc.) and the explosion of personal data available present great opportunities to offer customers experiences that are ever richer, more fluid and more connected. For customers, this ecosystem is synonymous with new roles. They are more autonomous and have power alongside the company: they influence, innovate, punish and more. These developments push companies to implement new customer strategies.
It is in this context, marked by pitfalls and paradoxes, that the authors of this book reflect on the customer relationship, what it has become and what it will be tomorrow. The book provides practitioners, teacher-researchers and Master's students with a state of the art and a prospective vision of customer relations in a digital world. It is aimed at those who want to gain an up-to-date understanding of the field and find all the keys needed to project themselves into the future.
Table of contents
1 Customer Strategies in the Face of New Technological, Social and Environmental Challenges
- 1.1. AI, robotization and algorithms: what are the effects on customers?
- 1.2. Business model renewal: what are the impacts on customers?
- 1.3. Accountability to customers and citizens: why and how?
- 1.4. Practicing open innovation with customers
- 1.5. Customer relationship management in the face of societal and environmental challenges
- 1.6. Conclusion
- 1.7. Acknowledgements
- 1.8. References
- 2 Brand Practices Faced with Augmented Consumers
- 3 The Augmented Customer Relationship: the Increasing Importance of the Customer’s Role Customer Relationship: the Increasing Importance of the Customer’s Role
4 Innovation Augmented by the Customer: from Ideation to Diffusion
- 4.1. Introduction: the new roles and contributions of the customer
- 4.2. The role of the customer in the upstream phase of the launch of an innovation: the customer as a source of new ideas at the service of companies’ innovation processes
- 4.3. The role of the customer downstream of an innovation launch: the customer influences to facilitate the adoption of the innovation on the market
- 4.4. Conclusion
- 4.5. Acknowledgements
- 4.6. References
- 5 The Customer’s Voice: Toward New Listening Tools
- 6 Redesigning the Customer’s Role in a Connected World
- 7 The Augmented Customer Experience: Between Humanity and Robotization?
- 8 Designing Your Customer Experience
- 9 Customer Relationships and Digital Technologies: What Place and Role for Sales Representatives?
- 10 Engaging Reciprocity from the Complainant Customer in the Digital Age
- 11 The Firm’s Empathic Capacity: a Social Neuroscience Perspective for Managing Customer Engagement in the Digital Era
12 Data Marketing for Customer Intimacy
- 12.1. Multiple customer data sources
- 12.2. The different customer data hubs
- 12.3. The difficult consolidation of customer data
- 12.4. The intersection of media and data to serve customer strategy
- 12.5. Leveraging data: market research in the era of customer data
- 12.6. Data marketing… tomorrow
- 12.7. References
- 13 The Dark Side of Customer Relationship Management Practices in the Data Age: Managing Resistance and Perceived Intrusion for Responsible Practices
- 14 The Legal Basis for a Data Economy Based on Trust
- 15 Information Systems Security: Challenges, Vulnerabilities and Tools
16 Organizing the Augmented Customer Relationship
- 16.1. Introduction
- 16.2. Governance of customer strategy within the organization
- 16.3. The role of the different stakeholders in customer relationship management
- 16.4. In-house contracting or outsourcing: who should implement customer relationship management?
- 16.5. Aligning the organization around the customer strategy
- 16.6. References
- List of Authors
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Augmented Customer Strategy
- Release date: July 2019
- Publisher(s): Wiley-ISTE
- ISBN: 9781786303721
You might also like
From Impossible to Inevitable, 2nd Edition
Break your revenue records with Silicon Valley’s “growth bible” “ This book makes very clear how …
Managing Customer Experience and Relationships, 3rd Edition
Boost profits, margins, and customer loyalty with more effective CRM strategy Managing Customer Experience and Relationships, …
Experience Design: A Framework for Integrating Brand, Experience, and Value
Bridge the gap between business and design to improve the customer experience Businesses thrive when they …
Customer Analytics For Dummies
The easy way to grasp customer analytics Ensuring your customers are having positive experiences with your …