Engage on a deeper level by disrupting the typical business development script
Authentic Marketing offers a forward-thinking approach to achieving an entirely new level of engagement with today’s purpose-driven and skeptical audiences. The heart of this process involves finding the soul of your organization. When moral purpose becomes central to your organization, it can deliver benefits to both the bottom line and mankind: a profit meets purpose proposition.
This path requires a reinvention of today’s dated business model, abolishing the inefficient, siloed approach of developing a business strategy first and then later creating separate strategies for marketing, HR, manufacturing, R&D, etc. The new integrated model fuses a tight integration of business, technology innovation and engagement strategies, all of which are bound together by a company’s moral purpose.
When moral purpose is central to an organization’s core, everything branches out from a place of authenticity. Rather than a siloed CSR effort, you develop employee and customer relationships based on real—not curated—connections with a brand’s moral mission. You build true engagement, trust and evangelism. And, along the way, your customers will actually help to co-create your brand.
This book shows you how to transform your business by putting moral purpose to work for your stakeholders and the planet.
- Embrace a new model that integrates business, technology innovation, and engagement strategies with moral purpose as the glue that binds them together
- Learn the key steps to find your moral purpose
Discover how to engage audiences with a transparent, authentic marketing approach that forges powerful connections and builds trust. With a world of options at their fingertips, today’s purpose-driven customers want a brand they can identify with and trust. Authentic Marketing shows you how to make your brand more human, more likeable, more genuine and guides you on how to connect with audiences on a moral level. This process will build a new level of engagement that will benefit both your long-term value and the world.
Table of contents
Part I: Authentic Marketing and the Power of Purpose
- Chapter 1: Profit Meets Purpose: Find Your Company’s Soul
- Chapter 2: The Era of Social Consciousness: Where Technology Meets Humanity
- Chapter 3: A Better Strategy Model for a Better World
Part II: Authentic Marketing: Key Components
- Chapter 4: The Evolution of Marketing: Moving from Manipulation to Authenticity
- Chapter 5: Search for Truths to Drive Constituency Mapping
- Chapter 6: Humanize Your Brand
- Chapter 7: Move Beyond Storytelling to Storydoing
- Chapter 8: Use Data-Telling to Anchor Objectives and Validate Progress
- Chapter 9: Infuse Trusted Voices in Paid, Owned, and Earned Media
Part III: Reinventing Good and the Energy of Your Company’s Soul
- Chapter 10: Creating a Purpose-Driven Culture
- Chapter 11: Measuring the Legitimacy and Managing the Value of Purpose
- Chapter 12: Make a Plan
- Chapter 13: Purpose Is Everything
- About the Author
- Title: Authentic Marketing
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119513759
You might also like
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge ( PMBOK® Guide )—Sixth Edition (ENGLISH)
The PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition – PMI’s flagship publication has been updated to reflect the …
Do Business Better
Build your best life by forging your own path to business success After speaking to companies …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …
INSPIRED, 2nd Edition
How do today’s most successful tech companies—Amazon, Google, Facebook, Netflix, Tesla—design, develop, and deploy the products …