• Describe the AutoCAD user interface and begin using parts of the screen.
• Modify and save a workspace.
Before you start using the exercises in this book, you need to understand their structure and purpose. Throughout the exercises in this book:
• Numbered steps provide instructions.
• Prompt and Response columns within the numbered steps provide step-by-step instructions for starting and completing a command.
• The Prompt column text repeats the AutoCAD prompt that appears in the command line area of the AutoCAD screen.
• The Response column text shows your response to the AutoCAD prompt.
• Command grids in the margins and menu screens show you how to locate ...