Efficiently create models that capture design intent with Autodesk Revit
About This Video
- An overview of the major tools needed to build a successful model.
- A brief discussion of advanced methods used for many of the tools covered.
- An introduction to creating custom elements to make your design and model unique.
Autodesk Revit boasts powerful tools that allow you to efficiently plan and manage your projects and visualize your designs.
You will begin by moving around in Revit before discussing the tools you'll need to begin setting up a project. Then you'll cover the basic tools and methods for building a 3D model using all of the most common tools. Then you will create custom elements that allow you to add a level of detail and design to make your projects unique.
You will then learn 2D modeling; we will be looking at many of the tools that help round-out a good drawing set; from dimensions, to two-dimensional linework and fill regions - everything from the stock materials built into Revit, to creating custom textures to get the look you're after. After learning 2D models you will create 3D views, all of the settings that are associated with the internal rendering engine
Finally, we will discuss tools and processes by which you can produce a full construction document or presentation drawing set; this will include title blocks, sheets, and custom schedules, as well as how to save a set of drawings as a PDF or print them as hard copies.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Before You Model
- Chapter 2 : 3D Modeling – Basics
- Chapter 3 : 3D Modeling – Custom Elements
- Chapter 4 : 2D Modeling
- Chapter 5 : Creating and Applying Materials
- Chapter 6 : Rendering 3D Views
- Chapter 7 : After You Model
- Title: Autodesk Revit in 4 Hours
- Release date: April 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781838551728
You might also like
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …
Python for Data Analysis, 2nd Edition
Get complete instructions for manipulating, processing, cleaning, and crunching datasets in Python. Updated for Python 3.6, …
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained as organizations shift from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained …
C++ Crash Course
Upgrade your Code with C++ C++ is one of the most widely used languages for real-world …