The truth about integrating Cloud services and ITSM
Cloud functionality increases flexibility and capacity in IT systems, but it also adds complexity and requires a combination of business, financial and technical expertise to make it work effectively. Moreover, organizations often confuse availability with capacity, and assume incorrectly that using cloud services reduces the need to manage these factors.
Lessons from real projects in a narrative format
In Availability and Capacity Management in the Cloud: An ITSM narrative, Daniel McLean’s fictional IT service management practitioner, Chris, faces the challenge of integrating cloud services into an ITSM structure. Based on the real-life experience of the author and other ITSM practitioners, this book tells the story of a cloud services implementation, exposing potential pitfalls and exploring how to handle issues that come with such projects.
Tips to help you through your own project.
>The end-of-chapter pointers give useful advice on dealing with the challenges organizations face when considering cloud services. Read this book and see how Chris meets the challenge of integrating cloud services with ITSM, and how you can do the same. Learn from the successes. Avoid the mistakes.
About the Author
Daniel McLean is an ITIL® consultant with over 20 years' experience in IT. He has spent the last 10 years designing, implementing and operating processes supporting ITSM. He was also a peer reviewer during development of the OGC ITIL v3 Service Strategy Best Practice.
Table of contents
- About the Author
- Chapter 1: All Together Now
- Chapter 2: One Big, Happy Family
- Chapter 3: Who Wants to Support this Service?
- Chapter 4: The Abandoned Service
- Chapter 5: Don’t Confuse me with the Details
- Chapter 6: Voices in the Night
- Chapter 7: When Capacity isn’t Enough
- Chapter 8: Coffee Talk
- Chapter 9: Just Sit There and Take It
- Chapter 10: Once More Unto the Breach, My Friend?
- Chapter 11: Reprimand by Remote Control
- Chapter 12: Success Feels Good
- Chapter 13: No Plan Survives Contact with Reality
- Chapter 14: Things are Rarely what they Seem
- ITG Resources
- Title: Availability and Capacity Management in the Cloud
- Release date: March 2014
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849285506
You might also like
IT Service Management - Support for your ITSM Foundation exam
Whether you're preparing for your service management foundation exam, or simply want to understand service management …
Architecting the Cloud: Design Decisions for Cloud Computing Service Models (SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS)
An expert guide to selecting the right cloud service model for your business Cloud computing is …
ITIL® 4 Essentials: Your essential guide for the ITIL 4 Foundation exam and beyond
ITIL 4 Essentials contains everything you need to know to pass the ITIL 4 Foundation Exam …
Become well-versed with basic networking concepts such as routing, switching, and subnetting, and prepare for the …