More Than 7 Hours of Video Instruction
This course covers the essentials of Machine Learning on AWS and prepares a candidate to sit for the AWS Machine Learning-Specialty (ML-S) Certification exam. Four main categories are covered: Data Engineering, EDA (Exploratory Data Analysis), Modeling, and Operations.
This 7+ hour Complete Video Course is fully geared toward the AWS Machine Learning-Specialty (ML-S) Certification exam. The course offers a modular lesson and sublesson approach, with a mix of screencasting and headhsot treatment.
- Data Engineering instruction covers the ingestion, cleaning, and maintenance of data on AWS.
- Exploratory Data Analysis covers topics including data visualization, descriptive statistics, and dimension reduction and includes information on relevant AWS services.
- Machine Learning Modeling covers topics including feature engineering, performance metrics, overfitting, and algorithm selection.
- Operations covers deploying models, A/B testing, using AI services versus training your own model, and proper cost utilization.
The supporting code for this LiveLesson is located at http://www.informit.com/store/aws-certified-machine-learning-specialty-ml-s-complete-9780135556511.
About the Instructor
Noah Gift is a lecturer and consultant at both the UC Davis Graduate School of Management MSBA program and the Graduate Data Science program, MSDS, at Northwestern. He teaches and designs graduate machine learning, AI, data science courses, and consulting on machine learning and cloud architecture for students and faculty. These responsibilities include leading a multi-cloud certification initiative for students. Noah is a Python Software Foundation Fellow, AWS Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Machine Learning, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Academy accredited instructor, Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect, and Microsoft MTA on Python. Noah has published close to 100 technical publications including two books on subjects ranging from cloud machine learning to DevOps.
Noah received an MBA from UC Davis, a M.S. in Computer Information Systems from Cal State Los Angeles, and a B.S. in Nutritional Science from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Currently he consults for startups and other companies on machine learning, cloud architecture, and CTO-level consulting as the founder of Pragmatic AI Labs. His most recent publications are Pragmatic AI: An introduction to Cloud-Based Machine Learning(Pearson, 2018) and Essential Machine Learning and AI with Python and Jupyter Notebook LiveLessons (Video Training).
What You Will Learn
Who Should Take This Course
- How to perform data engineering tasks on AWS
- How to use Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) to solve machine learning problems on AWS
- How to perform machine learning modeling tasks on the AWS platform
- How to operationalize machine learning models and deploy them to production on the AWS platform
- How to think about the AWS Machine Learning-Specialty (ML-S) Certification exam to optimize for the best outcome
- DevOps engineers who want to understand how to operationalize ML workloads
- Software engineers who want to ensure they have a mastery of machine learning terminology and practice on AWS
- Machine learning engineers who want to solidify their knowledge about AWS machine learning practices
- Product managers who need to understand the AWS machine learning lifecycle
- Data scientists who run machine learning workloads on AWS
One to two years of experience with AWS and six months using ML tools. Ideally, candidates will have already passed the AWS Cloud Practitioner certification.
About Pearson Video Training
Pearson publishes expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. These professional and personal technology videos feature world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include IT Certification, Network Security, Cisco Technology, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, and more. Learn more about Pearson Video training at http://www.informit.com/video.