3+ Hours of Video Instruction
More than 3 hours of video instruction to help you get up and running with AWS development, so you can quickly deploy your own applications
AWS Development Fundamentals is an easy quick-start guide to developing on AWS. The course begins with a general overview of Cloud Computing and Amazon Web Services, followed by in-depth review and demonstrations of services relevant to developers, including EC2, S3, Lambda, VPC, SNS, IAM, and RDS & DynamoDB.
This unique title will give you the knowledge you need to start developing solutions on Amazon Web so you can create and maintain applications that can scale on demand and use the full range of services provided by AWS, is in high demand. Learn all about the various bits and pieces commonly used when developing applications intended to run in AWS. This title is not intended to teach you how to program or develop applications. Rather, the goal is to help you understand the services that are available to run the applications you develop.
So get started with your AWS development today.
About the Instructor
Nick Garner recently joined Denali Advanced Integration as a Senior Solutions Architect. Prior to that he was a Solutions Integration Architect for Cisco Systems. He was with Cisco Advanced Services, supporting customers in both transactional and subscription engagements, for 10 years. He has deployed and supported large-scale data center designs for prominent clients in the San Francisco bay area. His primary technical focus outside of data center routing and switching designs is security and multicast.
Learn How To
- Explore the more developer-focused offerings, such as the AWS API, SDK, AWS Security constructs, and AWS Developer Tools
- Set up a lab
- Design and develop with AWS Services
Who Should Take This Course
- Developers with a need to develop and deploy applications on Amazon Web Services
- Developers who have a business or personal goal to develop and deploy applications using the numerous services offered as part of Amazon Web Services
- Computer with Internet Access
- Credit Card—to sign up for an AWS Trial Account
- General understanding of the various components that make up an Internet accessible application.
Lesson 1, Course Overview, introduces the purpose and areas of focus of this course as well as setting expectations and expected outcomes.
Lesson 2, Introduction to AWS, gives a general overview of Amazon Web Services and some of the services provided.
Lesson 3, Setting up a Lab, demonstrates how to set up a lab to follow along with the demonstrations at the end of each service lesson.
Lesson 4, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), discusses what EC2 is, where the operating systems of those instances come from, and how to get access to your servers.
Lesson 5, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), explains what a VPC is, how they’re created, and how networking and security are applied.
Lesson 6, Identity and Access Management (IAM), reviews the operation of IAM.
Lesson 7, Simple Storage Service (S3), introduces Simple Storage Service.
Lesson 8, AWS Database Services, reviews Amazon RDS service and covers relational databases and NoSQL databases.
Lesson 9, Lambda, discusses what Lambda is and how to use it.
Lesson 10, AWS CLI, covers the command line interface to AWS, provided by Amazon.
Lesson 11 AWS SDK, discusses an alternative to shipping code faster. The AWS Software Development Kit provides libraries for many languages to interact with the various APIs available.
About Pearson Video Training
Pearson publishes expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. These professional and personal technology videos feature world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que Topics include: IT Certification, Network Security, Cisco Technology, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, and more. Learn more about Pearson Video training at http://www.informit.com/video.
Table of contents
Module 1: AWS Development Fundamentals
- Module Introduction 00:00:24
- Lesson 1: Course Overview
- Lesson 2: Introduction to AWS
- Lesson 3: Setting up a Lab
Module 2: AWS Infrastructure Services
- Module Introduction 00:00:34
- Lesson 4: Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Lesson 5: Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Lesson 6: Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Lesson 7: Simple Storage Service (S3)
Module 3: Designing and Developing with AWS Services
- Module Introduction 00:00:30
Lesson 8: AWS Database Services
- Learning objectives 00:00:27
- 8.1 Database Services Overview 00:02:48
- 8.2 Database Instances 00:03:25
- 8.3 Relational Database Service (RDS) Overview 00:04:05
- 8.4 RDS Security 00:02:38
- 8.5 RDS Configuration 00:04:25
- 8.6 RDS Monitoring 00:02:25
- 8.7 Relational Databases in AWS Demonstration 00:06:12
- 8.8 DynamoDB (NoSQL) Overview 00:02:49
- 8.9 DynamoDB Console Interaction 00:01:04
- 8.10 DynamoDB Security 00:01:33
- 8.11 DynamoDB Monitoring 00:02:35
- 8.12 DynamoDB Demonstration 00:03:21
- Lesson 9: Lambda
Module 4: AWS Developer Tools
- Module Introduction 00:00:25
- Lesson 10: AWS CLI
- Lesson 11: AWS SDK
- Title: AWS Development Fundamentals
- Release date: February 2018
- Publisher(s): Addison-Wesley Professional
- ISBN: 0134850645
You might also like
AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate)
Six and a half Hours of Video Instruction More than six hours of video instruction covering …
An Overview of Cloud Computing with Amazon Web Services
In this Overview of Cloud Computing with Amazon Web Services training course, expert author Steve Suehring …
Microservices designs require you to change how you build and deploy applications. Instead of creating a …
Amazon Web Services AWS LiveLessons 2nd Edition
More Than 17 Hours of Video Instruction More than 17 hours of video instruction on Amazon …