Chapter 5. Using standalone functions
This chapter covers
- Importing custom libraries in your function
- Subscribing functions to events coming from other AWS services
- Creating back-end resources such as S3 buckets and DynamoDB tables
- Using binaries with your function
- Implementing a serverless face detection function
- Scheduling functions for recurring execution
In the previous chapters, you learned how to manage security within the AWS platform. Many concepts were introduced using AWS IAM, such as roles and policies, that you can use with Lambda functions to give them the necessary authorization to access other resources.
In this chapter you’ll use that knowledge to create standalone functions that can be scheduled for periodic execution or triggered ...