Chapter 13. Improving development and testing
This chapter covers
- Weighing the pros and cons of local development of Lambda functions
- Logging and debugging your code
- Using Lambda function versions and aliases
- Presenting an overview of the most popular tools and framework for building serverless apps
- Implementing a serverless testing framework for Lambda functions
In the previous chapter, you focused on the advantages and pitfalls of event-driven applications and distributed architectures, with a more theoretic approach than the previous chapters.
Now you return to hands-on experience to see how development and testing can be improved using more advanced AWS Lambda features, such as versioning and aliases, and specific tools and frameworks ...